NOW AVAILABLE! This printed and paperback-bound book is our FREE gift to you! Order NOW, and this fifty-six page book written by a native Louisiana attorney who specializes in Louisiana successions will be packaged and mailed straight to your doorstep!Request the Book
Are you currently navigating the complex world of succession (probate) in Louisiana? We understand that this process can be overwhelming, especially during a time of grief. If you’ve recently found yourself needing to open a succession (probate) for a loved one, you've quickly discovered three things:
1. The succession process can seem overwhelming and confusing, especially if you are grieving
2. Louisiana law is different in many ways from the other 49 states
3. There are different types of succession; how do you know which procedure is best for your unique situation?
In this comprehensive guide, you'll find valuable information tailored specifically to the unique aspects of Louisiana law. Discover the different types of succession and determine which procedure is best for your situation. Uncover the six essential pieces of information you need to gather to begin the process, and learn about who will inherit and what happens if an heir is missing. Explore topics such as the importance of a Last Will and Testament, the concept of "forced heirs," and the reasons and methods for contesting a will.
That’s not all! This informative book goes beyond the basics and covers a wide range of important topics. Find out which assets do not have to pass through succession, how estate debts are paid, and even how to refuse an inheritance. With clear explanations and practical insights, this guide will empower you to navigate the succession process with confidence.
You can start reading from the beginning, or skip straight to the information you need the most:
- WHAT is succession? (page 1)
- Do I even need to OPEN a succession? (page 2)
- What are the different types of succession? (page 4)
- 6 specific pieces of information you need to gather to begin the process (page 6)
- Who will inherit (page 9)
- What happens if an heir is missing (page 18)
- Why the surviving spouse does NOT automatically inherit everything (page 19)
- The importance of a Last Will and Testament (page 21)
- Who "forced heirs" are, and why they can not be written out of a will (page 29)
- Contesting a will: common reasons why and how (page 30)
- Which assets DO NOT have to pass through succession? (page 36)
- How are estate debts paid (page 41)
- How to refuse an inheritance (page 49)
- ... and MUCH MORE!
Praise for our Louisiana Probate Guide:
"I ordered this guide and it was promptly shipped. I want to thank you for providing this resource as it answered the questions I had and actually saved me a bunch of money. Written by attorneys that could easily make money, it was honest and straightforward and it just so happened I didn’t need an attorney for what I needed to file. Very honest indeed". - D.M.
How To Get Your FREE Book:
To receive your FREE book, simply fill out your full name and mailing address and we will ship it directly to you! Don't miss out on this opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Louisiana successions – claim your free book now!
Ordering this information does not create an attorney-client relationship. Your submission is confidential; we do not sell or trade your information to any third parties.